If you’re interested in learning about many of the most pressing policy questions now facing California, don’t miss your chance to save nearly 30 percent on registration for the CBP’s 2014 annual conference, Raising the Bar: How Smart Policy Choices Can Create Shared Prosperity in California, Thursday, March 6 at the Sacramento Convention Center.
Our line-up of plenaries includes the following timely sessions:
Opportunity State? What the Emerging Electoral Landscape Means for Politics and Public Policy
- Ruy Teixeira, senior fellow, The Century Foundation and Center for American Progress
- Anthony Thigpenn, president, California Calls
Taking On Poverty and Inequality: How Public Policy Can Help Address These Challenges and Promote Greater Social Mobility
- Sasha Abramsky, author, The American Way of Poverty: How the Other Half Still Lives
- Sylvia Allegretto, co-chair of the Center on Wage and Employment Dynamics at the University of California, Berkeley
- Vanessa Aramayo, director, California Partnership
How Smart Policy Choices in 2014-15 Can Create Shared Prosperity in California
- Senator Mark Leno, chair, Senate Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review
- Senator Holly J. Mitchell, member, Senate Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review
- Rachael Myrow, host and reporter, The California Report, KQED Radio (Moderator)
Our conference also will feature workshops on a wide variety of topics: this year’s state budget debate, California’s new school finance system, public pensions, the implementation of Obamacare in California, affordable housing, current issues in career education, the latest from Washington, D.C., and much more. And be sure to join us after the conference for a reception followed by a screening and discussion of Inequality for All, the award-winning documentary featuring Robert Reich.
Get additional event details and register here. And be sure to sign up by tomorrow — Thursday, February 13 — to take advantage of the early-bird discount of almost 30 percent.
Questions? Need additional information? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 444-0500.
We look forward to your joining us on March 6!
— Steven Bliss