There’s just a couple of days left to save on registration for Policy Insights 2015, our annual conference coming up on March 4th in Sacramento. In addition to celebrating the CBP’s 20th anniversary, we’re excited to have Ezra Klein, editor-in-chief of Vox.com, providing the keynote address on how timely, accessible analysis and commentary can shape and advance public policy.
Other plenary speakers will include State Senator Holly Mitchell, Manuel Pastor of USC’s Program for Environmental and Regional Equity, Zocalo Public Square’s Joe Mathews, John A. Pérez, Darrell Steinberg, and former Department of Finance Director Ana J. Matosantos.
The conference will also feature a wide range of workshop sessions at which participants can discuss many of the critical issues facing our state. Some of these sessions include:
- Tim Gage, Blue Sky Consulting Group
- Lenny Goldberg, California Tax Reform Association
- Jean Ross, Ford Foundation and former executive director, California Budget Project
State Support for California’s Public Universities: Looking Beyond the Current Debate, Reinvesting for the Long Term
- Lande Ajose, California Competes: Higher Education for a Strong Economy
- Debbie Cochrane, The Institute for College Access & Success
- Hans P. Johnson, Public Policy Institute of California
Children’s Health Programs in California: Where We Are and What Comes Next
- Kelly Hardy, Children Now
- Jenny Kattlove, The Children’s Partnership
- Edwin Park, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Visit the Policy Insights 2015 event page for a full list of workshops and other conference sessions and to reserve your spot at the premier conference for advocates, policymakers, researchers, and other leaders working to improve the lives of low- and middle-income Californians.
Early–bird registration has been extended through tomorrow, February 19, so register today.
— Steven Bliss