The California Budget Project (CBP) is now hiring a Communications Associate who will be a critical part of our team and help develop strategies for ensuring our research, analysis, and commentary reach core audiences. These include policymakers and their staffs, advocates, community leaders, and the media, as well as members of the public with an interest in how state policies can promote broadly shared prosperity.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Writing blog posts, media releases, e-newsletters, and other communications/outreach materials.
- Working with the Communications Director on implementing — and continually refining — the CBP’s social media strategy.
- Coordinating regional events and outreach across California that enable the CBP to engage with key partners and stakeholders in their own communities.
- Conducting stakeholder/audience/legislative research that informs and helps shape the CBP’s communications and outreach efforts.
- Assisting with the day-to-day management of the CBP’s website.
- Helping to create charts, infographics, and other highly accessible and visually interesting ways of sharing the CBP’s research and analysis.
- Establishing and maintaining contact with media representatives and policymakers.
- Compiling and analyzing metrics on our reach and impact.
Qualifications for the Communications Associate position include:
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Some experience with and/or understanding of federal, state, or local public policy.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong computer and IT skills, including familiarity with – or willingness to learn – WordPress blogging platform, Salesforce, Adobe Illustrator, and Excel.
- Fluency in Spanish highly desirable.
This position is full-time and is based at the CBP’s office in downtown Sacramento. Salary will be based on experience and includes health and dental benefits. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume, two brief writing samples, and three references to Communications Associate, California Budget Project, 1107 9th Street, Suite 310, Sacramento, CA 95814, or send materials as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Budget Project is an equal opportunity employer. All interested individuals, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and ex-offenders are encouraged to apply.