As part of the California Budget & Policy Center’s Policy Perspectives Speakers Series, we presented “California Budget Perspective: Current State and Federal Budget Proposals and What They Could Mean for the Los Angeles Region.” This event included two sessions:
Part I: California Budget Perspective: Current State and Federal Budget Proposals
During this session, Chris Hoene took a close look at Governor Brown’s proposed 2017-18 state budget, set against the backdrop of fundamental shifts expected at the federal level.
- Chris Hoene, Executive Director, California Budget & Policy Center
(View Part I below)
Part II: What Could This Mean for the Los Angeles Region?
Next, an expert panel featuring local leaders discussed emerging issues on the state and federal levels and their implications for the Los Angeles region. Panelists included:
- Kim Pattillo Brownson, Vice President of Policy and Strategy, First 5 LA
- Veronica Carrizales, Policy and Campaign Development Director, California Calls
- Roxana Molina, Chief In-Charge, Bureau of Program Policy, Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services
- Torie Osborn, Principal Deputy for Policy and Strategy, Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl (Moderator)
(View Part II below)