The California Budget Project’s “Looking Ahead: Everything You Wanted to Know About the State Budget and What to Expect in 2015” included two sessions designed to help you get ready for the 2015 budget deliberations.
Part I (9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.): Dollars and Democracy: An Introduction to the State Budget Process
- Scott Graves, Director of Research, California Budget Project
Part I was especially geared to those interested in learning about — or refreshing their knowledge of — the basics of the budget process.
Part II (11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.): State Budget Preview: What to Expect in 2015
- Ronald Coleman, government affairs manager, California Immigrant Policy Center
- Surina Khan, chief executive officer, The Women’s Foundation of California
- Nicole Vazquez, deputy chief & human services consultant, Assembly Budget Committee
- Moderator: Chris Hoene, executive director, California Budget Project
This event was held Wednesday, December 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Tsakopoulos Library Galleria, West Meeting Room, 828 I Street in Sacramento.