The California Budget & Policy Center (Budget Center) seeks to hire an intern to participate in the organization’s analysis of state tax and budget policies and their impacts on low- and middle-income Californians. The position is available on a full-time basis during the summer of 2019 and possibly on a part-time basis during the fall of 2019.
How This Position Advances the Organization’s Work
Interns are valued members of the Budget Center’s team with responsibility to support the advancement of our strategic agenda through conducting research and analysis, helping author policy-relevant reports, and interacting with local, state, and national partners. The Budget Center is committed to advancing equity and inclusion and seeks to create an environment and culture that embraces employee differences.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, ability to work independently, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Facility with numbers, including the use of spreadsheets, and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in public policy, political science, economics, planning, social welfare, or a related field.
- Knowledge and/or interest in particular policy areas that are part of the Budget Center’s portfolio of work.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and short writing sample by to: email@example.com. Or, send your application materials to: California Budget & Policy Center, 1107 9th Street, Suite 310, Sacramento, CA 95814.
The Budget Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and welcomes diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, creed, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political affiliation, disability, and any other classification considered discriminatory under applicable law.