How will policymakers navigate a tough budget year? Budget Center policy experts dive deep into what the proposal means for Californians.
Watch the recording
About this event
Governor Newsom’s proposed 2024-25 budget was just unveiled, sparking crucial questions about our state’s fiscal future.
Our policy experts break down what the budget proposal means for Californians, examining:
- Governor Newsom’s plan to tackle the budget deficit, including dollar amounts, policy shifts, and their impact.
- How the proposal both maintains commitments for and hurts low-income communities and Californians of color.
- How missed revenue opportunities can help policymakers close the shortfall and create a more equitable, thriving state in the long run.
Join us as we kick off a new budget season and share the tools, policies, and budget investments needed to achieve an equity-focused budget and build healthy, thriving communities for all Californians. Don’t miss our first Empower event of the year!
Meet the experts
- Alissa Anderson, senior policy fellow
- Jonathan Kaplan, senior policy analyst
- Adriana Ramos-Yamamoto, senior policy analyst
- Monica Saucedo, senior policy analyst
Thank you to our event sponsors
Hilton Foundation, James Irvine Foundation
About the California Budget & Policy Center
The California Budget & Policy Center (Budget Center) is a nonpartisan research and analysis nonprofit committed to advancing public policies that improve the lives of Californians who are denied opportunities to share in the state’s wealth and deserve the dignity and support to lead thriving lives in our communities.