As our state faces a significant budget shortfall, state leaders have a lot to consider as they make important decisions on the 2024-25 state budget. In the coming weeks, budget committees and their subcommittees in the Assembly and Senate will hold hearings to review the governor’s budget proposals and express their respective priorities.
This is your time to make your voice heard by providing written comments or in-person testimony directly to these committees. You can also meet with legislative staff and officials from the governor’s administration to share your own budget priorities and discuss areas of concern.
The Budget Center has the resources you need to navigate this budget season:
- Glossary: State Budget Terms Defined (we recommend you bookmark this one)
- First Look: Understanding the Governor’s 2024-25 State Budget Proposal
- Video: Breaking Down Governor Newsom’s 2024-25 State Budget Proposal
- Explainer: Guide to the California State Budget Process
Other helpful links:
- Daily Files: Assembly and Senate
- Budget Committees: Assembly and Senate
- Legislative Analyst’s Office: Resources on the 2024-25 Budget
- #CABudget Info newsletter by Jason Sisney
What questions do you have related to the state budget process? Let us know! Your questions and feedback help us improve our state budget resources for people like you who are working to create a more equitable California.
Advocates can get ready for the next round of state budget deliberations by checking out these Budget Center resources.